CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July: Booth Check-In



The beginning of the month is always exciting for me. It means a new set of weeks with a new budget to thrift, thrift, thrift. With my upcoming move to Savannah, I've been working since February on collecting furniture and vintage pieces to decorate my home. Despite keeping a fair amount of things for myself, you can see in the picture above that this doesn't cause my booth to suffer in the slightest. My mother and I work on a booth together in Angel's Antiques in Opelika, Alabama. Rather than focusing on one particular style, we pick out anything we find eye catching and appealing. Mid-century, french provencial, modern, kitschy, shabby chic.



We have some of my favorite pieces we've ever found at the moment. The red velvet wing chair is from Columbus and has a little bit of wear on the back of the wood, but it's the most beautiful, rich color. Oh, and check out that freakin' screen on the left side of the picture! Okay, so it's barely visible, but if I knew how much room I would have in my home, I'd keep it all to myself.






Hollywood Regency was what I originally had in mind when I began collecting new (old) pieces for myself, but I've recently gone in a different direction. However, I have a serious soft spot for it. The royal blue and seafoam gold-backed chairs make me swoon. And that mirror on the credenza? Heart palpitations.

All in all, I'm thinking July will be a fantastic month as thrift store digging maniac.

0 comments:

Post a Comment